Friday, 26 February 2016
Let's not be so judgmental
Apart from everything obnoxious we are getting to hear about our motherland - from Azaadi to Barbaadi, people out there are disgracing the armed forces of this nation. Amidst all this hassle, after Martyr Lance Naik Hanumanthappa was cremated, this is what his wife Mahadevi had to say to the descendants of that very nation for whose sake, her husband died .
She said, "Bharat hamari mata hai. Isska apmaan mat karo. Bharat mata hai to hum hai, bharat mata nahi to hum bhi nahi. Mera koi beta nahi hai, par mai apni beti ko bhi senaa me sainik banaungi."
(This country is our motherland. Our existence depends upon our motherland. Do not demean our motherland. I don't have a son but I will inspire my daughter to serve in the Indian Army.)
No, she didn't demand anyone's sympathy. Your sympathy would be of no use to her. Similarly, the families of Captain Pawan Kumar, Captain Tushar Mahajan, 1999 martyrs, 1984 martyrs, don't need your sympathies. They are brave enough. All they desire is RESPECT. Respect for our motherland and respect for the people who don't demand anything in lieu of their sacrifices!
Saturday, 13 February 2016
A small effort is all he needs
He is Ajay. Ajay is 5 years old and reads in first standard, BBN School, Maqsudan. I have come to observe this exceptionally brilliant learning pattern in Ajay. He is very good at quickly grabbing the concepts. Let me share my personal experience with this little fellow. After making him learn the Addition, Subtraction and Multiplication (which he learned in a very short time span), I tried to teach him Division that day. This guy stunned me by learning the whole Division in just two days. Students of his age(even those who study in posh schools with the best infrastructure) take one full term of 6 months to learn the concept of Division. I gave a two digit Division sum to Ajay - he solved that correctly, I gave him a four digit sum - he again solved it correctly, then I made him practice some 10 such 4 & 5 digit questions - he got all of them CORRECT. I was so happy!
'Ab point vala Divide sikhao didi', Ajay said in his cute stammering tone. He wanted me to each him the Division involving Decimal System. I made him familiar with this concept the very next day and he got all the questions BANG ON correct! Believe it or not, if Ajay is allowed to continue and finish his study, and by some serendipity if he manages to pursue higher education as well, this guy will do wonders. I have this strong intuition that he will make news one day, and that's not a cliché.
Friday, 5 February 2016
Punjabi singers and their 'BRANDS' fetish
There's no harm in loving brands and making songs on them. In fact, the makers of such brands as Audi, Ford and Jaguar need to thank our Punjabi singers BIG TIME for promoting their brands free of cost!
- Kudi kehndi baby pehlaan JAGUAR lae lavo, fer jinna marzi pyaar lae lavo (My gf loves expensive cars more than me) #cries a river#
- Menu lod nayiyo teri JAGUAR di.. je Dillon sachhaa pyaar karda (What did you say? Do you think I am that shallow?)
- FORD utte jana kehnda date te, mere vala jatt bada desi aa (My bf has gone insane!)
- Ikk tere thalle v FORD aa..ikk mere thalle v FORD aa..bass fark enna eh khetan vich..te teri Ford on road aa (What? I am speechless!)
- Aiven GUCCI ARMANI vich roldi jawani...check kardi brandaan vale tag ni..(Oh girl, listen up. Buying these excessively luxurious brands is equivalent to spoiling your youth. Someone give me poison!)
- GAS GUCCI GAP hun pauno hatt gyi..firre chakkvien jeh suit sawaa k (I love my girl. She has transformed herself from being modern to being DESSI!)
- GUCCI ARMANI de..kidda de shonk marjaani de (Then why are you cribbing? Your business?)
- Fir lae gyi mainu ZARA te..paise lagde ne yaraan de (Oh I see, poor you!)
How can we forget this most coveted brand. We Punjabis love our Bult for no reason or perhaps for making this unpleasantly obnoxious noise.
- Bada BULT pyaara c, Bult chamkaunde..aap naa nhaunde (We are Punjabis, we love BULT!)
- BULT kol rakh leya g..aasi chamak challo he yaaron chadti (We are Punjabis, we love BULT!)
- Ikk yaaro BULT we lakh da..dooja yaaro mehngaa pertrol ho gya (We are Punjabis, we love BULT!)
- BULT de pichhe baithi..patli jehi naar hove (We are Punjabis, we love BULT!)
- O BULT chala laen de..ve ikk gedda laa laen de (We are Punjabi singers, and we are Idiots!)
P.S. Royal Enfield owes a big share of its profits to our Punjabi singers!